Human Resource Management
DC632 | 12 months full time
The DCU MSc in Human Resource Management prepares students to become leaders in people management and organisational change.
The innovative and distinguishing features of the programme are its emphasis on enhancing HR and leadership capability, the importance given to building professional competencies and a focus on international elements of management
You will also develop insights into the latest developments in HRM, including cross-cultural management, people management, and the strategic importance of the HR function.
This MSc is accredited by the Chartered Institute of Personnel Development (CIPD) and recognised by the Society for Human Resource Management. On successful completion graduates obtain Associate Membership of the CIPD and are eligible to become Certified SHRM practitioners.
"This programme covered all levels and areas of HR, from the basic to the complex. The balance of academic and practical assignments made the course highly engaging. This masters provided me with extensive knowledge, practical tools, qualifications and relationships that have already proven highly valuable to me in my career."
Clare Fitzpatrick, People and Organisation Consulting Associate, PwC.
- Graduates qualify for associate membership of the Chartered Institute of Personnel Development (CIPD)
- The MSc in HRM was overall winner of the gradireland National Business Postgraduate Course of the year in 2016 (shortlisted 2017)
- Ranked in the World’s Top 30 MSc in Human Resource Management by Eduniversal Best Masters Rankings 2016
- Recognised by the Society of HRM (SHRM), the largest global HR professional body.
- A strong focus on leadership and personal and career development, and the application of theory to the practice of HRM
- DCU Business School is accredited by AACSB, placing it in the top 5% of business schools globally. We have an established international reputation for high-quality graduates.
- The MSc in HRM has a strong track record in the marketplace with alumni holding senior HR positions in leading organisations.
The MSc in HRM annual alumni survey provides strong evidence that the programme is positioning graduates for a successful career in the HR profession. Of the graduates tracked, 98% are in employment, with 86% of these in dedicated HR roles. Notably, graduates have moved to positions of elevated seniority and responsibility. 12% of alumni are HR Directors or have Business Partner roles, while 14% are employed as HR Managers.
Graduates will find employment with multinational companies, consultancy firms, the public sector and not-for-profit organisations. Graduates pursue specialist or generalist roles in human resource management, training and development, employee relations, research, consultancy, or as general managers, particularly in international firms.
Recent employers include Intel Ireland, ESB International, Bristol Myers Squibb, Trinity Mirror Group PLC, Tesco Ireland, DELL, Google Ireland, Mazars Ireland, ePeople Recruitment and Smurfit Kappa Group. There are also opportunities for those wishing to undertake further study to doctoral level.
This programme is fully accredited by CIPD. Successful graduates thus qualify with both the Masters degree and a professional qualification (graduate membership of CIPD). It equips students to become leaders in the fast-changing world of HR or in international business where there are responsibilities for people management.
Please see the DCU Online Prospectus for entry requirements.