Management (Aviation Leadership)
DC519 | 2 Years Part-Time
The MSc in Management (Aviation Leadership) is a specialist postgraduate programme designed to provide participants with aviation knowledge in all key aviation sectors combined with an education in strategic management.
The teaching faculty possess academic expertise and a wealth of industry experience, with many having backgrounds across all branches of the industry - airlines, airports, ATC and regulatory offices.
The programme’s Guest Lecture series exposes students to leading aviation managers’ views of the important current issues in aviation and the challenges facing senior aviation managers.
"I have found the DCU Master’s degree to be an ideal course, covering all of the key aspects and challenges of aviation management. Ireland is now home to Europe’s largest airline, Ryanair and many of the world’s top aircraft leasing and maintenance companies. With these opportunities, students can benefit hugely from participating in this course."
Adrien Dunne, Director of Operations, Ryanair
The objectives of the programme are to provide graduates with the knowledge to:
- An understanding of the complex coordination needed of the various components of airport operations
- The important leadership and management competencies required to plan and execute an aviation industry strategy
- An understanding of the characteristics, the requirements and the legal aspects of aviation organisations
- The skills needed to undertake business analysis and strategic thinking
- The ability to lead and initiate professional and research activity independently or as part of an aviation management team
- An ability to take a leading role in the future development of the aviation industry
With the ever increasing emphasis on delivering excellence in aviation, there will be important roles for talented and qualified individuals. The aviation industry is expanding in Ireland and internationally. Students of the programme have been drawn from management and senior management mainly in the aviation industry and will be seeking to accelerate their careers after graduation.