DC951 | Postgraduate Part Time
DCU is Ireland's 'University of Enterprise' and is consistently recognised in global rankings of young universities. The dynamic and vibrant ethos of these universities of the future imbue all aspects of DCU's activities and specifically influence the design and delivery of the DCU Executive MBA programme.
The DCU Executive MBA Programme is delivered by DCU Business School and is designed to be professionally and personally transformative. It is aimed at developing business leaders with ambition, enterprise and leading-edge thinking who can create tangible and sustainable outcomes for organisations through the application of their learning.
Our Executive MBA programme, which is internationally accredited by the Association of MBAs (AMBA), has been graduating MBAs for more than 20 years, equipping senior executives with the knowledge and skills to deal with these complexities and deliver outstanding organisational performance.
Winner of the 2018 gradireland Postgraduate Course of the Year in Business, Finance & Management
For Fees information, see our fees booklet.
The DCU Executive MBA is a part-time programme, delivered one day per week (Thursdays 2.00-9.00) over 2 years across 4 semesters.
In the first year of the Executive MBA programme, you will develop an understanding of the range of foundation disciplines and their potential contribution to business leadership and organisational effectiveness. The second year of the programme will be characterised by an integrated approach, which focuses more specifically on the key strategic drivers of sustainable growth and operational excellence.
Why Choose DCU?
- DCU is Ireland's University of Enterprise, which influences and drives our industry engagement strategy and MBA programme design.
- Learn from academic experts with a high level of industry relevant experience and translational research. This ensures graduates have the most up-to-date knowledge of theory and practice.
- Exposure to top-performing experienced professionals from international and national business who share their insights on such themes as strategy, leadership, digital technology, entrepreneurship and innovation.
- Exposure to leading international academics and thought leaders.
- Working on real-world industry projects, connecting theory, research and practice.
- Strong focus on applied learning delivering return-on-investment for employers and clients.
- Enhance leadership competence through participation in 2-year Leadership Development Programme.
- Opportunities to enhance knowledge of new and emerging technologies through workshops and optional activities and events.
- A participatory and action-learning teaching approach consisting of case studies, problem-solving, participant experience and discussion. It is an approach which connects scientific research industry problems and develops participants into Evidence-Based Manager.
DCU Executive MBA Ambition Scholarships:
DCU Business School is pleased to announce scholarships for our Executive MBA programme. The scholarships, to the value of €5,000, will be applied towards the tuition costs of the Executive MBA programme.
These scholarships will be awarded to exceptional candidates who have demonstrated ambition and leadership in their academic, professional or personal lives.
The total value of the scholarship is €5000 and will be applied in whole to the first year’s tuition. MBA candidates awarded scholarships will be asked to act as an Ambassador for DCU Business School while participating in the MBA and beyond.
Candidates are asked to submit their CV and a supporting document of not more than 500 words addressing the theme of leadership and ambition to Ruth Finnegan at email@example.com. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis, noting that the deadline for the Executive MBA is July 31st. Scholarship candidates may be invited for interview. Candidates are encouraged to apply early as scholarships may be awarded earlier than the programme closing date.
Terms and conditions:
Candidates cannot combine this scholarship with other DCU scholarships. Furthermore, candidates cannot defer entry and must undertake the MBA commencing in 2018.
The scholarship will be applied to the student’s MBA tuition. It may only be applied to the MBA and cannot be transferred to other DCU courses.
Successful students will be expected to assist with the promotion of DCU through blogs, testimonials and event attendance.
For further information please contact Ruth Finnegan at firstname.lastname@example.org or 01 700 8106.
At DCU Business School, we believe that the MBA should be about much more than just acquiring some useful extra tools for the management toolkit. It should also be a transformative experience at the personal level. Our value proposition is that our MBA is an educational experience that is both professionally and personally transformative, aimed at developing business leaders with the ambition and enterprise to help create a better, more sustainable world and featuring leading edge thinking with tangible application.
Graduates of our programme talk about how they have grown in confidence, how their own self-awareness as leaders has deepened, and how their perspective on business management has been raised to a more strategic level.
Our graduates tell us that these 'personal growth' effects of the MBA become very apparent back in their workplaces, in terms of the issues to which they are invited to contribute, the roles they are asked to take on, and in how they are perceived as future leaders.
See what our alumni say about the programme - Executive MBA Alumni Testimonials
Candidates must possess:
- A primary degree at second class Honours level or higher, or an equivalent professional qualification
- At least 3 years relevant managerial experience
- At least 7 years relevant managerial experience.
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these requirements may be considered for entry subject to interview.
We may, in some instances, require the Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT). All candidates must have an adequate standard of mathematical and statistical ability.