MSc in International Accounting and Business
DC526 | Postgraduate Full Time
The DCU MSc in International Accounting and Business is the leading graduate programme of its kind in Ireland, an innovative partnership of accounting and business which is informed and shaped by the needs of the professionals of tomorrow.
The programme is designed for business graduates to combine study for a Master’s degree while gaining further business knowledge and skills, and exemptions from professional accounting examinations at the same time.
The one-year full-time Masters programme encourages critical thinking, teamwork and communication, analytical and managerial competence, and develops a diverse range of professional attributes which equip graduates to excel and to adopt leadership positions in their professional lives.
Successful completion of this programme will achieve significant professional accounting exemptions including six exemptions at F Level with ACCA and three exemptions at CAP 1 level with Chartered Accountants Ireland.
The programme aims to foster the student's ability to provide professional solutions based on a comprehensive understanding of the relationship between the various elements of accounting and business. This is increasingly important in today’s complex commercial environment.
- The programme is designed in conjunction with both leading industry and academic experts.
- All students come from business backgrounds, which facilitates the acceleration of competence in accounting and the development of deeper business competence at Master’s level.
- Subject matter incorporates both professional and applied business material as well as an analytics component.
- Lectures are delivered by experienced experts from academia, industry and practice, facilitating graduates with the most up-to-date theory and practice.
- Select between a dissertation and an applied research project, where students can gain applied knowledge through real work with assigned industry clients.
- Participate in an interactive, supportive, multicultural learning environment.
- Gain generous exemptions from globally recognised professional accounting bodies such as the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) and Chartered Accountants Ireland.
- Graduates will be well positioned for success in advanced professional accounting examinations, or may utilise the knowledge and skills gained to develop a more general career in business.
Why DCU Business School
- DCU Business School is accredited by AACSB, a standard reached by only 5% of business schools worldwide reflecting its established international reputation for high quality graduates.
- We have an excellent reputation with the accounting profession and other business recruiters meaning our graduates are highly sought after in the job market both at home and abroad.
DCU Business School has a long track record of producing high calibre graduates in accounting. Graduates of the MSc in International Accounting and Business will have a strong combination of technical accounting and general business skills. They will be attractive to leading international accounting firms as they can achieve generous exemptions from the globally recognised Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) and Chartered Accountants Ireland. They will also be attractive to national and international employers seeking to recruit graduates who can make significant contributions to discussions and decisions that have a financial dimension, even when these graduates are employed in roles other than accounting.