MSc in Aviation Leadership
DC519 | Postgraduate Part Time
€6,650 per annum
NON EU FEES
Open for Applications
The DCU MSc in Aviation Leadership is a specialist postgraduate programme designed to provide participants with aviation knowledge in all key aviation sectors combined with an education in strategic management. The teaching faculty possess academic expertise and a wealth of industry experience, with many having backgrounds across all branches of the industry – airlines, airports, ATC and regulatory offices.
The programme’s Guest Lecture series exposes students to leading aviation managers’ views of the important current issues in aviation and the challenges facing senior aviation managers. The content of the course is guided by our Aviation Industry Advisory Board and reflects current & future issues and trends in the global aviation industry.
DCU Business School also provides a full-time delivery (one year) MSc in Aviation Leadership as well as a Graduate Certificate in Aviation Sustainability, Leadership and Innovation.Full-Time Option Grad Cert Option
“I have found the DCU Master’s degree to be an ideal course, covering all of the key aspects and challenges of aviation management. Ireland is now home to Europe’s largest airline, Ryanair and many of the world’s top aircraft leasing and maintenance companies. With these opportunities, students can benefit hugely from participating in this course.”
Adrian Dunne, Director of Operations, Ryanair
DCU Business School is ranked in the top 95 Business Schools in Europe in the 2022 Financial Times Ranking, one of only three Irish Business Schools to achieve this ranking. The Financial Times Ranking for BuPM,siness Schools is one of the most highly acknowledged and widely cited authorities on quality and performance of institutions globally.
Why Do This Course?
The objectives of the programme are to provide graduates with the knowledge to:
- An understanding of the complex coordination needed of the various components of airport operations
- The important leadership and management competencies required to plan and execute an aviation industry strategy
- An understanding of the characteristics, the requirements and the legal aspects of aviation organisations
- The skills needed to undertake business analysis and strategic thinking
- The ability to lead and initiate professional and research activity independently or as part of an aviation management team
- An ability to take a leading role in the future development of the aviation industry
Modules taught in this course include:
- Aviation Policy and Regulations
- Leadership for Aviation Managers
- Airport Operations Management
- Airline Management
- Leadership and Change
- Digitalisation of Aviation Operations and Business Analytics
- Sustainable Aviation and Innovative Practices
- Strategy Organisation and Innovation
- Research Methods plus dissertation
View current course structure →
With the ever increasing emphasis on delivering excellence in aviation, there will be important roles for talented and qualified individuals. The aviation industry is expanding in Ireland and internationally. Students of the programme have been drawn from management and senior management mainly in the aviation industry and will be seeking to accelerate their careers after graduation.
Many of our graduates have seen a remarkable elevation in their career after the completion of this programme. Our alumni network enhances our existing industry connections providing employability connections to our DCU MSc Aviation Leadership community. Our alumni have taken up employment in a variety of positions, for instance:
- Airlines (e.g. Aer Lingus, Ryan Air, City Jet, Avolon, British Airways, American Airlines, Norwegian);
- Aerospace Manufacturers (e.g. Airbus);
- Airport Operators (e.g. Dublin Airport, Shannon Airport, Omani Airports);
- Aircraft maintenance (e.g. Dublin Airspace, Ryanair, Aer Lingus);
- Consultancy firms;
- Safety & Security;
- Air Navigation Service Providers (e.g. Irish Aviation Authority)
The University has launched a new student application portal. Applications for entry to this course can be made here.
General Entry Requirements
For admission to the M.Sc. in Aviation Leadership candidates must hold –
A 2.1 Honours degree in a relevant discipline, or equivalent international qualification along with 3 years of work experience in the aviation industry.
Applicants who have achieved a 2.2 Honours degree may still obtain a place. This will depend on availability of places and on obtaining high grades in relevant modules on their undergraduate programme.
An equivalent professional qualification (ATCO, CPL) along with 3 years of work experience in the aviation industry.
Applicants with more than 5 years’ relevant work experience in the aviation industry may be considered.
Recent graduates with less than 3 years’ relevant work experience in the aviation industry, or with work experience in a different industry, who have the equivalent of a first class Honours degree may be considered.
International candidates who are non-native speakers of English must satisfy the University of their competency in the English language. More information about English language requirements for DCU Business School can be found here.
Note applicants who require a study visa for the purposes of studying at DCU, are advised to apply as early as possible. If you need a study visa and are a Non EU student, you are not eligible to apply for part time programmes as study visas are only granted for full time programmes.
All Applicants must submit
- Academic Transcripts for each and every year of study with English translation if applicable.
- A detailed Personal statement, details of professional qualification/s or significant work experience.
- Please include your CV and details of relevant experience.
- Where relevant, evidence of competence in the English language as per entry requirements for DCU Business School. Please see link http://www.dcu.ie/registry/english.shtml.
- Please upload one academic reference and one professional reference.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the programme is full or until:.
- Closing date for EU applicants is 31st July 2023.
- Closing date for non EU applicants is 1st July 2023.
Please note if you are a non EU student and require a study visa, you are not eligible to apply for part-time programmes as study visas are only granted for full-time programmes.
Queries from EU applicants should be directed to email@example.com
Queries from non EU applicants should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Commencement of Programme
The programme commences in September 2023.
Dr Marina Efthymiou
Associate Professor in Aviation Management
- DCU Marketing, Innovation, and Technology students provide creative consulting advice to The Cool Food School02/03/2023 - 9:50 am
- Bernard Brogan – My MSc Management (Business) Experience24/02/2023 - 6:38 pm
- DCU Executive MBA – Louise Walsh, 1st year shares her thoughts!14/02/2023 - 4:31 pm
- A slice of LIFE with NTR plc CEO Rosheen McGuckian14/02/2023 - 4:06 pm
- Business Insights
- Collaborate with us
- About Us
- Our Programmes
- Faculty and Research
- Executive Education
- Upcoming Events
- Deans Honours List
- Contact Us