MSc in Aviation Leadership
DC519 | Postgraduate Part Time
€6,650 per annum
NON EU FEES
Open for Applications
Specialise with an MSc Aviation Leadership, which is designed to elevate your industry expertise
across all key aspects of the aviation sector while honing your strategic management skillset.
The teaching faculty possess academic expertise and a wealth of industry experience, with many having backgrounds across all branches of the industry – airlines, airports, ATC and regulatory offices.
Throughout the programme you will benefit from a series of guest lectures from leading aviation managers and their views on current affairs from the aviation sector.
The content of the course is developed in association with our Aviation Industry Advisory Board and reflects current and future issues and trends in the global aviation industry.
DCU Business School also provides a full-time delivery (one year) MSc in Aviation Leadership as well as a Graduate Certificate in Aviation Sustainability, Leadership and Innovation.Full-Time Option Grad Cert Option
DCU Business School is ranked in the top 95 Business Schools in Europe in the 2022 Financial Times Ranking, one of only three Irish Business Schools to achieve this ranking. The Financial Times Ranking for BuPM,siness Schools is one of the most highly acknowledged and widely cited authorities on quality and performance of institutions globally.
Why Do This Course?
- Develop the important leadership and management competencies required to plan and execute an aviation industry strategy and take a leading role in the future development of the aviation sector.
- A key challenge within the aviation industry at present is that of sustainability; you will be at the forefront of how to develop strategies and solutions for your organisation to become more sustainable.
- You will develop expertise on regulatory and policy aspects, empowering your decision making and enhancing your strategic approach to commercial aviation management, while gaining the skills needed to undertake business analysis and digitalisation of aviation operations.
What will I study?
- Aviation Policy and Regulations
- Leadership for Aviation Managers
- Airport Operations Management
- Airline Management
- Leadership and Change
- Digitalisation of Aviation Operations and Business Analytics
- Sustainable Aviation and Innovative Practices
- Strategy Organisation and Innovation
- Research Methods plus dissertation
The first four of these modules can be taken as Micro-credentials over the course of one academic year. These Micro-Credential modules will amount to a Graduate Certificate with the option to go on and pursue the MSc Aviation Leadership by completing the remaining modules on this programme. For more information on these Micro-Credentials go to: Graduate Certificate in Aviation Sustainability, Leadership, and Innovation
View current course structure →
With the ever increasing emphasis on delivering excellence in aviation, there will be important roles for talented and qualified individuals. The aviation industry is expanding in Ireland and internationally. Students of the programme have been drawn from management and senior management mainly in the aviation industry and will be seeking to accelerate their careers after graduation.
Many of our graduates have seen a remarkable elevation in their career after the completion of this programme. Our alumni network enhances our existing industry connections providing employability connections to our DCU MSc Aviation Leadership community. Our alumni have taken up employment in a variety of positions, for instance:
Air Traffic Control Officer
- Airline Pilot
- Airline Pilot Recruitment and Assessment
- Assistant Lecturer
- ATM/ATS Inspector
- Aviation Regulator
- Aviation Researcher
- Business Development Manager
- CAMO Manager
- Chief Instructor
- Director of Operations
- EMEA Sourcing Manager
- Head of Core Operations
- Head of Ground Safety, Compliance &
- Helicopter Pilot
- Head of Security ERP and Data Protection
- Offering Manager Intern
- OTP Project Manager
- Performance and Development Manager
- Project Manager
- Regional Operations Manager
- Safety & Emergency Procedures Manager
- Safety and Fatigue Risk Executive
- Safety Executive
- Safety Investigation and Performance
- Senior Aviation Analyst
- Senior IT Programme Manager
- Slot Planning Manager
- Technical Asset Manager
Companies our graduates work in:
General Entry Requirements
For admission to the M.Sc. in Aviation Leadership candidates must hold one of the following:
- A 2.1 Honours degree in a relevant discipline, or equivalent international qualification along with 3 years of work experience in the aviation industry.
- An equivalent professional qualification (ATCO, CPL) along with 3 years of work experience in the aviation industry.
- More than 5 years’ relevant work experience in the aviation industry may be considered.
- Less than 3 years’ relevant work experience in the aviation industry, or with work experience in a different industry, who have the equivalent of a first class Honours degree may be considered.
*Applicants who have achieved a 2.2 Honours degree may still obtain a place. This will depend on availability of places and on obtaining high grades in relevant modules on their undergraduate programme.
- International candidates who are non-native speakers of English must satisfy the University of their competency in the English language. More information about English language requirements for DCU Business School can be found here.
- Applicants who require a study visa for the purposes of studying at DCU, are advised to apply as early as possible. If you need a study visa and are a Non EU student, you are not eligible to apply for part time programmes as study visas are only granted for full time programmes.
Application Submission Details
All applicants must submit:
- Academic Transcripts for each and every year of study with English translation if applicable.
- A detailed Personal statement, details of professional qualification/s or significant work experience.
- Please include your CV and details of relevant experience.
- Where relevant, evidence of competence in the English language as per entry requirements for DCU Business School. Please see link http://www.dcu.ie/registry/english.shtml.
- Please upload one academic reference and one professional reference.
Please see a video on how to apply below:
Make an Application via https://dcuie.elluciancrmrecruit.com/Apply/
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the programme is full or until:.
- Closing date for EU applicants is 31st July 2023.
- Closing date for non EU applicants is 1st July 2023.
- Queries from EU applicants should be directed to email@example.com
- Queries from non EU applicants should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Commencement of Programme
The programme commences in September 2023.
23 November 2021Read More
15 November 2021Read More
14 September 2021Read More
7 August 2020Read More
12 November 2018Read More
Dr Marina Efthymiou
Associate Professor in Aviation Management
- Business Insights
- Collaborate with us
- About Us
- Our Programmes
- Faculty and Research
- Executive Education
- Upcoming Events
- Deans Honours List
- Contact Us