Digital Business and Innovation
DC241 | Undergraduate Full Time
The BSc in Digital Business and Innovation is a four-year programme designed to prepare you for the future world of work, one infused with digital technologies. The programme will give you the competencies and skills to make the most of digitalisation to innovate and transform businesses.
This programme, designed in conjunction with industry, will help future proof you, giving you an innovation mind-set and industry-relevant knowledge and skills in emerging technologies such as cloud computing, big data, virtual reality and much more.
PodcastIn this episode of the Team DCU Podcast, Klara Tamcynova chats about her studies in Digital Business and Innovation at DCU. She tells us about her exciting journey to DCU, her involvement and dedication to many Clubs and Socs, her plans for her INTRA work placement and offers some advice for those considering the course.
Why Do This Course?
Along with a foundation in business and management, you’ll also gain:
- an understanding of key enabling technologies and their business, economic, and social impacts
- practical knowledge and experience in applying digital technologies in a range of contexts to achieve business objectives and address societal challenges
- an innovation mind set providing insights into how to create value through leveraging digital technologies
- the ability to acquire the knowledge and skills needed to support digitalisation and digital transformation initiatives
- a capacity to explore, understand, develop and enhance the basis of personal achievement.
Unlike more conventional undergraduate programmes, the BSc in Digital Business and Innovation will give you the opportunity to learn about and through technology. You’ll have regular opportunities to apply your digital knowledge and skills in projects with real-world clients, including a full-year immersion experience through INTRA work placement in Year 3.
The programme will equip you with the highly in-demand skills of innovation and digital agility so you’ll graduate able to exploit the ever-increasing opportunities in digital businesses. You’ll be incredibly well prepared for an exciting, dynamic and rewarding career developing smart and connected products, experiences and services.
The BSc in Digital Business and Innovation will prepare you for key roles in digital business and to succeed in a dynamic, uncertain and global marketplace. You’ll gain the knowledge and skills to use emerging digital technologies to develop or re-imagine products and services and transform business processes.
- DCU Marketing, Innovation, and Technology students provide creative consulting advice to The Cool Food School02/03/2023 - 9:50 am
- Bernard Brogan – My MSc Management (Business) Experience24/02/2023 - 6:38 pm
- DCU Executive MBA – Louise Walsh, 1st year shares her thoughts!14/02/2023 - 4:31 pm
- A slice of LIFE with NTR plc CEO Rosheen McGuckian14/02/2023 - 4:06 pm
- Business Insights
- Collaborate with us
- About Us
- Our Programmes
- Faculty and Research
- Executive Education
- Upcoming Events
- Deans Honours List
- Contact Us