EXPLORE POSTGRADUATE FULL TIME
MSc in Investment, Treasury & BankingDC958 | Postgraduate Part Time
DCU’s MSc in Investment, Treasury and Banking is a part-time postgraduate programme aimed at people working in financial services who wish to deepen their knowledge of financial markets and products.
The programme explores the roles of the various participants in the financial markets, the competitive structure of the markets, and the regulatory environment. It also examines how to price and hedge financial products and measure the risk of such products, both in isolation and in portfolios.
Students who complete the DCU MSc in Investment, Treasury and Banking programme will understand how value is created in financial markets and will be equipped to apply this understanding in their work.
DCU Business School is ranked in the top 90 Business Schools in Europe in the 2020 Financial Times Ranking, one of only three Irish Business Schools to achieve this ranking. The Financial Times Ranking for Business Schools is one of the most highly acknowledged and widely cited authorities on quality and performance of institutions globally.
Andrei Panin, Capital Planning Manager, Ulster Bank
“What attracted me to the MSc in Investment, Treasury and Banking programme was a desire to advance my career in banking. Of a few options out there, this course came highly recommended by former students, all of whom seemed to have had enviable career paths. Since I started this degree, it has opened doors for a job change and a promotion. This is a course that is well-structured and well-capable of adding value to anyone who wishes to build a successful career in a banking or investment business.”
Why Do This Course?
The programme objectives are:
• To develop students’ understanding of the concepts and theories which underpin markets and products
• To enable students to price, hedge and manage the risk embedded in financial products
• To equip students to create value in investment, treasury and banking environments.
*This programme will run subject to sufficient numbers of students enrolled
Since it began in 1990, the MSc in Investment, Treasury & Banking has established a strong reputation as the leading graduate finance programme in Ireland. Many of its graduates are working in senior positions in the Irish Financial Services Centre (IFSC), in non IFSC-based financial services, in the United Kingdom, the USA and Japan.
The reputation of the programme attracts highly motivated students who, on graduation, are much sought after by the industry in Ireland and abroad. What’s more, this degree will add long-term value to your career since top academic qualifications increasingly are factored into organisations’ recruitment of senior staff.
The University has launched a new student application portal. Applications for entry to this course can be made here.
For admission to the MSc in Investment, Treasury and Banking candidates must hold –
A 2:1 Honours degree in a Business discipline and at least 3 years’ relevant work experience
A 2:1 Honours degree in a non-Business discipline and at least 5 years’ relevant work experience within the financial services industry
Applicants who have achieved a 2.2 Honours degree may still obtain a place. This will depend on availability of places and on obtaining high grades in relevant modules on their undergraduate programme.
Hold professional qualifications and at least 3 years’ work experience in the financial services industry.
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these requirements may be considered for entry subject to interview.
Based on previous admissions, it is expected there will be many more applicants for the programme than places available. Eligible applicants will be ranked on academic attainment and relevant work experience.
The programme commences with a compulsory Orientation Session, which takes place the week before the standard University commencement date.
All Applicants must submit
- Academic Transcripts for each and every year of study with English translation if applicable.
- A detailed Personal statement, details of professional qualification/s or significant work experience.
- Please include your CV and details of relevant experience.
- Where relevant, evidence of competence in the English language as per entry requirements for DCU Business School. Please see link http://www.dcu.ie/registry/english.shtml.
- Please upload one academic reference and one professional reference.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the programme is full or until:
- Closing date for EU applicants is 15th August 2021.
- Closing date for non EU applicants is 16th July 2021.
Note applicants who require a study visa for the purposes of studying at DCU, are advised to apply as early as possible.
Queries from EU applicants should be directed to email@example.com.
Queries from non EU applicants should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commencement of Programme
The programme commences in September 2021.
- Organisations struggling to keep pace with new skills required due to pandemic – DCU research15/04/2021 - 6:52 pm
- DCU students named Varsity Sparks Winners 202113/04/2021 - 2:32 pm
- DCU Next Generation Management students celebrate business innovations for global good07/04/2021 - 3:21 pm
- DCU Business SchoolOpinion: Accountability and Transparency key to public trust in COVID vaccine rollout – Dr Rob Gillanders02/04/2021 - 9:13 pm
- Business Insights
- About Us
- Our Programmes
- Faculty and Research
- Executive Education
- Upcoming Events
- Contact Us