Learning to Lead in Uncertain Times
| Executive Development and Leadership
A crisis of any kind is a huge shock to global communities and the global economy. Leaders today need to be comfortable in volatile, uncertain, complex and ambiguous (VUCA) times with skillsets to be effective to work through and out of existential crisis.
Learning to Lead in Uncertain Times is an ‘online-first’ programme that articulates the key requirements for effective leadership in a mission control room during a crisis. More importantly it highlights the necessity of a leadership mindset to extend beyond the immediacy of crisis times to the necessity of imagining a new world of possibilities for the leader and their organisation post-crisis.
A unique blend of renowned academic tutors from DCU and industry-leading learning specialists from Harvest have teamed together to create a world class learning experience that will focus on:
– The most up to date research-based content
– Experiential sessions to ensure ease of application and implementation of the knowledge and skills acquired
The Learning Experience
- Identify what it takes to become a leader comfortable in VUCA times with skillsets to be effective
- Effectively lead a mission control leadership team
- Enhance messaging and develop stakeholder-centric communication skills for uncertain times
- Imagining a new world of possibilities for the leader and their organisation
The programme comprises 5 modules, run on single days every 4 weeks and finishing with 2 consecutive days. Each day runs from 9.30am to 4.30pm.
Over the 10-month programme duration, every participant will receive:
- 1x Personalised Insights Discovery Profile Report and an EQ profile
- 2 x Peer Learning Sessions
- 9 x Masterclass days, including 1 x Innovation Challenge and 1 x Crisis Simulation
- (Optional one-to-one coaching package)
‘Online-First’ Programme Delivery
Online learning is becoming a vehicle for transformation across organisations, especially in light of ongoing public health regulations. Our online programmes combine a number of learning elements to create a balanced blend of learning, interactions and application in the learning journey for participants.
- AM live virtual masterclass – two hours
- Academic research-led learning
- PM live virtual classroom – two hours
- Experiential – application of course contents, discussion, collaborative group work
About This Course
DCU Business School has a long history of executive training both to individuals and client companies. Our executive programmes are crafted to meet both the needs of business and of individuals developing their careers based on the industry connections that underpin our approach to education. Globally accredited by AACSB and AMBA, we’re in the top 5% of Business Schools globally.
DCU Business School and Harvest have partnered to offer a world class leadership programme.
Harvest is Ireland’s leading people development consultancy with over 35 years’ experience in people development, bespoke learning solutions, organisation development, executive coaching, mentoring and digital learning. Harvest’s team of highly qualified and experienced learning experts and an excellent track record of partnering with global brands in the area of leadership development make it a leader in its field.
Who is this programme for?
DCU Business School and Harvest combine their expertise, experience and understanding of business to offer a unique programme designed for leaders seeking a global and up to date perspective on leadership and how to lead in an ongoing VUCA context.
The typical participant:
Head of Function/Head of Department in a larger organisation
C-Suite leader in a small to medium-sized organisation
Potential successor to the C-Suite
People leader with significant strategic responsibilities
This online programme combines several learning elements to create a balanced blend of learning, interactions, and application in the learning journey for participants. The platform allows participants to learn at their own pace during each week, by viewing the content, completing assignments, and engaging in discussions.
|Module 1: Leadership Self-analysis, resilience & agility|
|Module 2: Leading a mission control leadership team|
|Module 3: Imagining a New World|
|Module 4: Critical communications|
|Module 5: Company Communication Crisis Simulation & Leadership Response|
|Insights Discovery Questionnaire (including Transformational Leadership Profile) and an Emotional Intelligence profile||Each participant gets two personalised profiles to take away, updates include coloured energies in a crisis, agile thinking and resilience in a remote environment.|
A unique blend of renowned academic tutors from DCU and industry-leading learning specialist from Harvest have teamed together to create a world class learning experience that will focus on:
>The most up to date research-based content
>Experiential sessions to ensure ease of application and implementation of the knowledge and skills acquired
Below is a sample of the team who will be delivering this programme:
|Dr Melrona Kirrane||Dr John McMackin||Ailish Reid||Milla Clynes|
|Prof David Collings|
Professor, Human Resource Management and Associate Dean of Research
|Eamonn Eaton||Padraig McKeon|
Associate Lecturer at DCU, Communications and Emergency Management
Duration and dates
This 10 day programme will be delivered online over 10 months.
In line with current guidelines this programme will be delivered online for the upcoming cycle. It has been customised to reflect the online environment and to ensure maximum engagement for all participants.
Programme dates tbc.
- DCU Marketing, Innovation, and Technology students provide creative consulting advice to The Cool Food School02/03/2023 - 9:50 am
- Bernard Brogan – My MSc Management (Business) Experience24/02/2023 - 6:38 pm
- DCU Executive MBA – Louise Walsh, 1st year shares her thoughts!14/02/2023 - 4:31 pm
- A slice of LIFE with NTR plc CEO Rosheen McGuckian14/02/2023 - 4:06 pm
- Business Insights
- Collaborate with us
- About Us
- Our Programmes
- Faculty and Research
- Executive Education
- Upcoming Events
- Deans Honours List
- Contact Us