EXPLORE POSTGRADUATE FULL TIME
Marketing Innovation and TechnologyDC240 | Undergraduate Full Time
This course prepares you with a foundation in marketing and insight into cutting edge science and technology, in answer to the growing demand for expertise in all these areas. As an innovative marketing specialist in the emerging technologies sector you’ll help to design, research and successfully market new products and services.
The Marketing, Innovation and Technology degree will teach you how to bridge the phase between the invention of a technology and its emergence on the market, sometimes called the “innovation gap”. You’ll develop an entrepreneurial outlook, served by knowledge of web design, industrial design and communications, and an understanding of the processes involved in new product development. You’ll be introduced to a range of technologies including ICT, social media, emerging life sciences and biotechnology.
The programme is run by DCU Business School, together with the Faculty of Engineering and Computing and the Faculty of Science and Health.
Why Do This Course?
The BSc in Marketing, Innovation and Technology degree prepares you for a career in the marketing of high technology products and services. You’ll learn to anticipate and respond to consumers needs, and to develop and market new innovations in a way that makes sense in today’s marketplace.
By the end of your four years you’ll have gained:
- An in-depth understanding of marketing techniques.
- A core grounding in science and technology.
- Knowledge of web design, communications and industrial design.
- An entrepreneurial outlook.
- An understanding of the processes involved in new product development.
You’ll learn through lectures, case studies, research projects, and from the vast knowledge of visiting practitioners.
You’ll also do a one-year INTRA work placement in Year Three, which will give you the unique opportunity to experience the relevance of your study in the real business world.
DCU Business School, accredited by AACSB, has a strong international reputation for the quality of its programmes and graduates
Upon completion of the degree, you’ll find opportunities in industries like technology, healthcare, pharmaceuticals, biotechnology, software/IT and telecommunications.
Your cross-disciplinary skills will earn you membership to the Irish Computer Society. You’ll also be eligible to take the entrance exam to the Marketing Institute of Ireland.
• Agency Strategist
• Brand Account Manager
• Brand Ambassador
• Digital Account Executive
• Direct Marketing Executive
• Sales Manager
• Technology Consultant
- Organisations struggling to keep pace with new skills required due to pandemic – DCU research15/04/2021 - 6:52 pm
- DCU students named Varsity Sparks Winners 202113/04/2021 - 2:32 pm
- DCU Next Generation Management students celebrate business innovations for global good07/04/2021 - 3:21 pm
- DCU Business SchoolOpinion: Accountability and Transparency key to public trust in COVID vaccine rollout – Dr Rob Gillanders02/04/2021 - 9:13 pm
- Business Insights
- About Us
- Our Programmes
- Faculty and Research
- Executive Education
- Upcoming Events
- Contact Us