Marketing Innovation and Technology
DC240 | Undergraduate Full Time
Technology has become the primary force of disruption across all sectors, and, with powerful marketing, it’s going to unleash unprecedented innovation and growth in the decade ahead. Business is moving apace. Every organisation is on a journey of digital transformation. Innovation and the ability to find new competitive opportunities, new business models, new value propositions will be what separates the winners and losers in the digital economy. But innovation isn’t merely driving big business and the private sector, it is also increasingly central to jobs in the public sector and in social enterprise or the third sector.
Chat with a Current StudentIf you have any questions about this course, you can chat directly with one of the current students using the options below.
Why Do This Course?
Although Covid-19 remains a global threat, we’re still in a period of extraordinary economic growth. Part of that growth story has to do with the extensive and far-reaching penetration of technology in all sectors of the economy. It’s allowing us work, shop and even run businesses, or teams, effectively from home. Technology is not merely an industry unto itself; it’s the primary force of disruption in every industry across the globe. In MInT, you’ll learn how and why technology can transform every sector and deliver growth and opportunity.
The BSc in Marketing, Innovation and Technology degree prepares you for a career in the marketing of high technology products and services. You’ll learn to anticipate and respond to consumers’ needs, and to develop and market new innovations in a way that makes sense in today’s marketplace.
By the end of your four years you’ll have gained:
- An in-depth understanding of marketing techniques.
- A core grounding in science and the potential future impact of technology.
- Knowledge of design-led innovation, including Design Thinking and Web Design.
- An understanding and familiarity with the start up sector and the entrepreneurial mindset.
- An understanding of the processes involved in new product development.
You’ll also do a one-year INTRA work placement in Year Three, which will give you the unique opportunity to experience the relevance of your study in the real business world.
DCU Business School, accredited by AACSB, has a strong international reputation for the quality of its programmes and graduates
- Strong focus on creativity, innovation and high-tech entrepreneurship
- Cross-discipline modules designed to meet industry demand for high-tech marketers
- Year-long INTRA work placement
- International summer school opportunity
- CEO-led seminars enable you to learn from senior industry professionals
- Learn through lectures, case studies, research projects and from visiting practitioners
You’ll learn through lectures, case studies, research projects, and from the vast knowledge of visiting practitioners.
Innovation is at an inflection point and is becoming professionalised in the way that Marketing and HR were in the 1980s. Jobs in innovation are plentiful right now as every organisation recognises that their path to growth is dependent on successful innovation.
Upon completion of the degree, you’ll find opportunities in industries like consultancy, technology, healthcare, pharmaceuticals, biotechnology, software/IT and telecommunications.
Your cross-disciplinary skills will earn you membership to the Irish Computer Society. You’ll also be eligible to take the entrance exam to the Marketing Institute of Ireland.
- Innovation manager
- Brand Manager
- Agency Strategist
- Brand Account Manager
- Digital Marketing Mager
- Technology Product Manager
- Insights Manager
- Client Success Manager
- Customer Marketing Support Manager
- Comms and PR Manager
- Brand Ambassador
- Digital Account Executive
- Direct Marketing Executive
- Sales Manager
- Technology Consultant
4 April 2023Read More
19 January 2023Read More
10 November 2022Read More
4 April 2022Read More
12 February 2020Read More
- Business Insights
- Collaborate with us
- About Us
- Our Programmes
- Faculty and Research
- Executive Education
- Upcoming Events
- Deans Honours List
- Contact Us