DCU Master’s Degree becomes first in Ireland to be recognised by the Society for Human Resource Management
The MSc in Human Resource Management, delivered by DCU Business School has been officially recognised by the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM).
This is the first programme in Ireland and only the 8th in Europe to gain approval of alignment with SHRM’s global standards in Human Resource Management.
The Society for Human Resource Management is the world’s largest HR professional society, representing 285,000 members in more than 165 countries. For nearly seven decades, the Society has been the leading provider of resources serving the needs of HR professionals and advancing the practice of human resource management.
The MSc in Human Resource Management is a 12 month full-time programme which satisfies the increasing demand for competent graduates who can undertake and advise on the management of human resources within organisations. It is fully accredited by the Chartered Institute of Personnel Development (CIPD) and ranked within the Top 50 in Europe by Eduniversal.
Our annual MSc in Human Resource Management Alumni Survey provides strong evidence that the programme is positioning graduates for a successful career in the HR profession. Of the 206 graduates tracked, 97% are in employment, with 86% of these in dedicated HR roles. Notably, graduates have moved to positions of elevated seniority and responsibility. 10% of alumni are HR Directors or have Business Partner roles, while 11% are employed as HR Managers. This career progression is significant considering this is an MSc in HRM providing entry into the profession. Other headline findings:
- 92% would still pursue the programme knowing what they know today.
- 88% said the programme has provided them with faster career advancement.
- 94% would recommend the programme to others.
Speaking of the recent success Programme Director Dr Brian Harney noted: “We are delighted that the programme has achieved this recognition. It is a strong testament to the leading HR faculty we have at DCU Business School, the energy and enthusiasm of our students, and the success and engagement of our alumni”.
The MSc in Human Resource Management is now accepting applications for its next intake. Full information can be found here.
Share this news
- Creating a strong culture of virtual collaboration is key to continued innovation05/05/2021 - 12:04 pm
- Women still face hiring barriers as recruiters influenced by third-party bias – DCU, NYUAD and Yale University research05/05/2021 - 11:54 am
- The MSc in Management (Aviation Leadership) was the gateway for me in developing my aviation career – Tomás Thornton04/05/2021 - 10:23 am
- Women In Leadership podcast features Prof Maura McAdam28/04/2021 - 12:17 pm
- Business Insights
- About Us
- Our Programmes
- Faculty and Research
- Executive Education
- Upcoming Events
- Contact Us