The Graduate Certificate in Aviation Sustainability, Leadership, and Innovation (ASLI) is aimed at developing practitioners in the aviation management space to enable them to lead sustainably, innovate and understand the regulatory environment in their organisations and beyond.
This progamme comprises four stand-alone microcredentials, each worth 7.5 credits, which can be taken individually or as a block to achieve the Graduate Certificate. It has also been designed to be complementary to the MSc in Aviation Leadership, whereby students can continue their studies to achieve the MSc degree.
This programme is the only graduate programme of its kind in the world and is an innovative partnership between DCU and Aviation Skillnet – a business network for companies of all sizes in the aviation and aerospace in sector Ireland that addresses both technical and non-technical skills needs of its members. Aviation Skillnet | ICBE | Irish Centre for Business Excellence Network
The microcredential ‘Digitalisation and Business Analytics for Aviation’ takes place over 5 days in February and March 2023.
Digitalisation and Business Analytics for Aviation
Technology and the rise of big data and data analytics are having a significant impact on business decision-making, including operations. This module introduces participants to the concepts of digitalisation of aviation operations and the principles of data analytics.
The main objective of this module is to introduce the student to the main digital technologies used in aviation and the fundamental tools and techniques of using data analytics to support business decisions.
This module investigates digitalisation initiatives (e.g., Blockchain, 5G, SWIM, Augmented Reality) and their impact on aviation. It also aims to develop the relevant skills and knowledge to effectively use tools to manage and manipulate data and provide a basic data management ‘literacy’ that is now an essential feature of work in modern organisations.
What can you expect from this module?
On successful completion of this module students will be well placed to:
- – Explain the key concepts of big data and data analytics, the business case for data analytics, and how it interacts with
aviation operations and strategies
- – Describe the types of analytical tools and statistical modelling techniques available to analyse business data and assess their
suitability for different types of business problems
- – Explain what the digital transformation is, and how the digitalisation of services and products has evolved within the aviation industry
- – Critically evaluate different digitalisation options, their push and pull factors as well as their value for the industry
|Wednesday 15th||08:30-16:30||On campus|
|Thursday 16th||08:30-16:30||On campus|
|Wednesday 22nd||18:00-20:00||Online synchronous|
|Wednesday 1st||18:00-20:00||Online synchronous|
|Wednesday 8th||18:00-20:00||Online synchronous|
- Module Fee €1236
- Aviation Skillnet Member Fee: €865
Closing Date for Applications: 25th January 2023
*Note: Fees above include application fee of €55 to be paid once per academic year per applicant (rather than application).
For further information on how to avail of the Skillnet funding please contact: email@example.com
For academic queries about the programme please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Back to Graduate Certificate in Aviation Sustainability, Leadership and Innovation
- DCU Marketing, Innovation, and Technology students provide creative consulting advice to The Cool Food School02/03/2023 - 9:50 am
- Bernard Brogan – My MSc Management (Business) Experience24/02/2023 - 6:38 pm
- DCU Executive MBA – Louise Walsh, 1st year shares her thoughts!14/02/2023 - 4:31 pm
- A slice of LIFE with NTR plc CEO Rosheen McGuckian14/02/2023 - 4:06 pm
- Business Insights
- Collaborate with us
- About Us
- Our Programmes
- Faculty and Research
- Executive Education
- Upcoming Events
- Deans Honours List
- Contact Us