New Enterprise Development Students enter the Dragons’ Den
The final week of term saw 48 groups of budding entrepreneurs enter the Dragons’ Den to pitch their New Enterprise Development ideas to a panel of experienced Dragons. A total of 25 Dragon’s, all DCU MBA alumni, sat in the Den over the three days. Companies represented included Irish Rail, Google and Netflix. Students in groups of 4 were given 7 minutes to present their innovative business ideas, followed by 7 minutes of gruelling questions from the Dragons.
New Enterprise Development is a year long final year undergraduate module that tasks students with creating an innovative product or service idea and putting it through the various stages of the new venture creation process including: concept development, feasibility analysis, market research, digital marketing campaign, financial planning, and finally the business plan presentation in the form of a Dragons’ Den.
A selection of some of the product/service ideas include:
- Water preservation device for electrical showers
- ‘5 a day’ nutritional children’s drinks
- Multifunctional sandwich/wrap storage device
- Non swish sports running bottle
- All in one sterilised baby’s bottle with power supply
- Dog detection GPS chip
The standard of all the student’s ideas was truly exceptional and numerous groups have gone on to win business plan competitions outside of DCU.
Congratulations to all!
Find out more about our undergraduate Business Studies courses.
Share this news
- Creating a strong culture of virtual collaboration is key to continued innovation05/05/2021 - 12:04 pm
- Women still face hiring barriers as recruiters influenced by third-party bias – DCU, NYUAD and Yale University research05/05/2021 - 11:54 am
- The MSc in Management (Aviation Leadership) was the gateway for me in developing my aviation career – Tomás Thornton04/05/2021 - 10:23 am
- Women In Leadership podcast features Prof Maura McAdam28/04/2021 - 12:17 pm
- Business Insights
- About Us
- Our Programmes
- Faculty and Research
- Executive Education
- Upcoming Events
- Contact Us