SEAI PhD Scholarship Call: Financial Technology and Solar Hydrogen Production
DCU Business School is pleased to announce a fully funded 4 years SEAI PhD scholarship opportunity for exceptional candidates interested in contributing to cutting-edge research at the intersection of FinTech, renewable energy, and sustainable technology. This scholarship aims to support research within the field of finance as it pertains to the innovative project focused on solar hydrogen production and digital financing.
The project seeks to address critical challenges in financing investment in solar hydrogen generation, a promising and environmentally-friendly technology that harnesses solar energy for hydrogen production. Solar hydrogen has the potential to revolutionize the energy landscape by providing a clean and renewable alternative to fossil fuels. The research will involve the exploration of digital financing strategies for R&D investment in this technology, bridging the gap between sustainable energy solutions and capital availability.
This PhD scholarship is a part of an interdisciplinary project led by Professor Mary Pryce, from the DCU Faculty of Science and Health who holds the role of Project PI. Dr. Aref Mahdavi Ardekani from DCU Business School serves as the project Co-PI and Professor Mark Cummins from Strathclyde Business School holds the role of international collaborator. This project receives funding from the Sustainable Energy Authority of Ireland (SEAI).
Work with Dr. Aref Mahdavi Ardekani and Professor Mark Cummins:
The successful candidate will be under the supervision of Dr. Aref Mahdavi Ardekani, Co-PI for a SEAI national research project at DCU Business School, serving as the primary supervisor, and Professor Mark Cummins from Strathclyde Business School, who will act as an external supervisor.
• A master’s degree (or equivalent) in Engineering, Finance, Economics, or a related discipline.
• Strong quantitative and analytical skills.
• Knowledge of option pricing, and/or derivatives, and/or digital finance, and/or Econometrics, and/or Machine Learning, and/or Artificial Intelligence in Finance.
• Demonstrated interest in FinTech, renewable energy, and sustainable technologies.
• Proficiency in programming languages and data analysis tools (e.g., Python, R, Stata, MATLAB) is a plus.
• Excellent written and oral English communication skills. Please refer to the DCU English Language Requirement.
• Fully funded scholarship for the duration of the PhD program (4 years).
• Access to state-of-the-art research facilities and interdisciplinary collaborations.
• Opportunity to contribute to impactful research with real-world implications.
Interested candidates should submit the following documents:
1. Updated CV.
2. Cover Letter outlining your motivation for pursuing this research and relevant experience (Maximum 3 pages).
3. Academic transcripts from previous degrees.
4. At least two recommendation letters.
5. English Language Certificates (TOEFL, IELTS, etc.).
Deadline: The application deadline is 15/10/2023.
Contact: For inquiries and submission of applications, please contact Dr. Aref Mahdavi Ardekani at email@example.com
Join us in shaping the future of sustainable energy and financial technology. Be part of a dynamic research team that is dedicated to creating meaningful impact in the renewable energy sector.