EF327 High Technology Entrepreneurship students from the MInT and MWB programmes recently pitched their final business plan ideas to a panel of industry representatives.
The EF327 Module introduces students to the theory and practice of entrepreneurship in the context of high technology venture creation. This is a practical module where students will form business teams and gain first hand experience of the creativity, leadership, planning, and team management skills involved in initiating and developing a new venture.
Industry panel members included Geraldine Lavin (Lecturer in High-Technology Entrepreneurship, DCU ), Laura Clifford, (Commercialisation Support Officer, DCU), James Kelliher (Digital Portal Manager, Electric Ireland) Andrea Linehan, (Commercial Director, Grid Finance) and Paddy Quinlan (Accelerators Coordinator, DCU Ryan Academy).
The panel selected the following as the ideas to receive awards:
- Most Scalable Idea Award – DropTour
- Best Customer Validation Award – Stash
- Best Use of Digital Technology Award, sponsored by Electric Ireland – Tap Networking
- Best Video to Secure Peer to Peer Funding Award, sponsored by GridFinance – SMDJ Technologies (FRANC)
- Highly Commendable Award – CMeNow
For more information on Marketing, Innovation and Technology in DCU Business School click here.