Top 7 Reasons to Consider a Career in the Aviation Management Sector
DCU’s MSc in Management (Aviation Leadership) programme offers the perfect gateway to a career in this booming sector.
- Ireland’s aerospace and aviation industry sector is rapidly expanding. Its worth over €4.1bn to the Irish economy, and there are more than 250 companies actively involved in the aerospace, aviation and space sectors in Ireland, providing employment for approximately 42,000 full-time workers (Enterprise Ireland report).
- Over 50% of the industry’s global spend is managed by aircraft leasing companies headquartered in Ireland, which is also home to 30 international leasing operations (Enterprise Ireland report).
- Employment options are not confined to major employers such as airline companies and airports. The sector is home to many smaller companies such as CAE Parc Aviation, The Botany Weaving Mill, Ohshima, Eirtech Aviation Services, Inflight Audio, Takumi Precision Engineering, Dawnlough, DPF and Eirecomposites.
There is a wide range of different types of organisations within this varied industry, among them:
- Cargo distribution
- Financing bodies
- Policy institutions
- A qualification in this area opens doors to a global career, particularly in Asia where the aviation sector is expanding rapidly.
- DCU’s MSc in Aviation Leadership prepares graduates for a career in Management with specific focus on the Aviation industry. This means graduates are equipped with specific knowledge in Aviation, but transferable skills can be applied to other sectors.
- The MSc is undertaken 2 days per month enabling students to remain in work and balance family commitments. Year 1 covers aviation modules while year 2 is focused on management modules, plus a dissertation. The programme is noted for its applied nature and regular guest speakers from the aviation industry.
- DCU Business School is in the top 5% of Business Schools in the world. Connection to industry, excellent graduate employment and relevant, applied postgraduate courses set DCU apart as the perfect place to gain an invaluable Masters qualification.
About the MSc in Management (Aviation Leadership)
The MSc in Management (Aviation Leadership) is a specialist postgraduate programme designed to provide participants with aviation knowledge in all key aviation sectors combined with an education in strategic management.
The teaching faculty possess academic expertise and a wealth of industry experience, with many having backgrounds across all branches of the industry – airlines, airports, ATC and regulatory offices.
For more information on this programme, please click here.
Share this news
- DCU Business School staff receive Teaching Heroes Awards from the National Forum for Teaching and Learning11/05/2021 - 11:20 am
- Creating a strong culture of virtual collaboration is key to continued innovation05/05/2021 - 12:04 pm
- Women still face hiring barriers as recruiters influenced by third-party bias – DCU, NYUAD and Yale University research05/05/2021 - 11:54 am
- The MSc in Management (Aviation Leadership) was the gateway for me in developing my aviation career – Tomás Thornton04/05/2021 - 10:23 am
- Business Insights
- Collaborate with us
- About Us
- Our Programmes
- Faculty and Research
- Executive Education
- Upcoming Events
- Contact Us