Discover how and why businesses are aligning with Sustainable Development Goals
DCU Business School and IIDB launch a series of lunchtime talks on the subject of Sustainable Development Goals.
Each week industry experts will join DCU academics to discuss a range of topics, outlining the benefits to businesses of aligning with the Sustainable Development Goals.
This seminar series, led by the DCU Business school and co-sponsored by the Irish Institute for Digital Business (IIDB), is a 17-part series happening once a week from 1 pm to 2 pm.
Each event will cover a different Sustainable Development Goal, with speakers discussing goals in relation to;
– The sustainable development goal and its relevancy to business
– The benefits of businesses aligning with SDGs
– Insights in to how different enterprises are engaging with each of the SDGs
The Sustainable Development Goals covered will range from Zero Hunger to Gender Equality to Sustainable Consumption and Production.
The first talk takes place on Wednesday October 14th and will be on the topic of No Poverty. Equality and International Development Officer with the Irish Congress of Trade Unions, David Joyce will be discussing this topic and explaining how ICTU are involved in helping champion and deliver the goals of SDG1 in Ireland.
This is a free lunchtime event, but registration is required. To sign up to the event please register here: business.dcu.ie/event/no-poverty-sustainable-development-goals-for-business/
For more information on the full series please see business.dcu.ie/sustainable-development-for-business/
Share this news
- Creating a strong culture of virtual collaboration is key to continued innovation05/05/2021 - 12:04 pm
- Women still face hiring barriers as recruiters influenced by third-party bias – DCU, NYUAD and Yale University research05/05/2021 - 11:54 am
- The MSc in Management (Aviation Leadership) was the gateway for me in developing my aviation career – Tomás Thornton04/05/2021 - 10:23 am
- Women In Leadership podcast features Prof Maura McAdam28/04/2021 - 12:17 pm
- Business Insights
- About Us
- Our Programmes
- Faculty and Research
- Executive Education
- Upcoming Events
- Contact Us