About this Event
Organised by DCU Business School and the Irish Institute of Digital Business
Teaching Elephants to Dance: A mini-conference sharing insights from some of Ireland’s leading companies on developing their own internal innovation teams and cultures and the learnings derived from working with startups.
Established companies rarely have the skills, mindsets or attitudes to create new markets. This is largely because these attitudes and mindsets conflict with the ones they currently have and need in their existing businesses. However, they do have the skills, mindsets and attitudes that are ideal for taking new market niches developed by others and scaling them up into mass markets.
Come to DCU from 2-6pm on Tuesday 8th October 2019 and hear how some of Ireland’s best corporate entrepreneurs and innovators have navigated this treacherous terrain.
Speaker line-up featuring:
- Dr Peter Robbins (MC) – Assistant Professor innovation & Entrepreneurship, DCU Business School
- Alan Doherty – Head of Innovation Design, Citi Innovation Lab
- Rachael Corcoran – Innovation Lead at EY
- Carole Donaghy – Head of Innovation Solutions at Ulster Bank
- Aidan O’Neill – Head of Engineering – ExO Hub; Irish Life’s Innovation Centre
- Ger Mitchell – Group Human Resources Director, Permanent TSB
- Brian Marrinan – Propeller Shannon Startup Accelerator / Journey Partners
- Ryan Leitch – Innovation Strategy and Delivery Manager, KBC Bank Ireland
Visit https://getinnovative.iidb.ie for more information.