Landmark Family Business Research on Sibling Relationships Underway
Do you run a family business with your sibling(s)?
DCU National Centre for Family Business are delighted to be working on a collaborative landmark study with Northwestern University’s Kellog School of Management. The study which investigates Sibling Relationships in family-run firms is led by Principal Investigator Dr Eli Finkel, Professor of Social Psychology at Northwestern University alongside Dr Catherine Faherty, Assistant Professor of Enterprise at DCU Business School. The research is the first of its kind in the field to study the dynamics within sibling-run family firms and to gain insights from siblings’ long-term partners and spouses.
Key details of the study:
- Involves completion of 30-60 minute online survey
- Requires 4 individuals from each family firm to participate: 2 siblings and their respective partners and/or spouses (note spouses do not have to be active members or employees of the family business)
- All survey responses are completely confidential and anonymised
- It is an international study, meaning family firms from across the globe can participate
Benefits of Participation and Getting Involved:
Participating families will receive a collection of family business books from Kellogg School of Management in Northwestern University.
If you work in a family-run business with your sibling(s) and would like to get involved in this landmark study, you can complete the sign-up form at the following link: Sign-up form link
Queries can be emailed directly to Dr Catherine Faherty of DCU Business School at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Share this news
- Creating a strong culture of virtual collaboration is key to continued innovation05/05/2021 - 12:04 pm
- Women still face hiring barriers as recruiters influenced by third-party bias – DCU, NYUAD and Yale University research05/05/2021 - 11:54 am
- The MSc in Management (Aviation Leadership) was the gateway for me in developing my aviation career – Tomás Thornton04/05/2021 - 10:23 am
- Women In Leadership podcast features Prof Maura McAdam28/04/2021 - 12:17 pm
- Business Insights
- About Us
- Our Programmes
- Faculty and Research
- Executive Education
- Upcoming Events
- Contact Us