Teaching Assistant Posts Available
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the post of Teaching Assistant in DCU Business School. The School offers a number of graduate and undergraduate courses in the following indicative academic areas:
- Human Resource Management
- Strategic Management
- Business Analytics
DCU Business School will recruit Teaching Assistants to provide cross-module support in some of the academic areas listed above, and also to support specific modules such as New Generation Management (NGM). Additionally, a Teaching Assistant will be appointed with a primary remit of supporting the work of our Learning Technologists, which includes enhancements to the functionality of Loop
(our virtual learning environment), providing training and support to colleagues in key technologies (such as Loop and Zoom), and helping to progress continuous efforts to enhance teaching practice through the effective integration of technology in our modules. All positions will be full time.
Teaching Assistants are important members of the University’s academic community. Reporting to the Associate Dean for Teaching and Learning, the duties of the Teaching Assistant may include:
- Preparation of materials for, and delivery of, tutorials/ seminars/ discussion groups/ skills workshops both on line and in class
Invigilation of in-class and on line tests/assignments
- Supervision of computer laboratory sessions
- Assisting in the marking of assessments (essays / assignments / presentations etc) under the supervision of a faculty member who has first and final responsibility for marking
- Dealing with student queries concerning module material – by meeting, email or online and under the supervision of a faculty member
- Assisting the module coordinator with the provision of feedback on assignments to students
- Assisting with student recruitment and School promotional activities, such as
Open Day and other similar events
- Assisting with the orientation of first year students
- Any other teaching-related duties assigned by the Group Head or the Associate Dean for Teaching and Learning.
Note: The role does not include lecturing or having primary responsibility for the marking of examinations or assessments.
Candidates must hold a minimum of a 2.1 honours degree in a relevant discipline. They must have good communication and interpersonal skills, be interested in student learning and be motivated to contribute to the successful running of the School.
Type: Full Time Temporary Contracts – 9 Months Duration split into two contracts (August -Dec 2021) and (Jan to June 2022)
Salary scale: Teaching Assistant € 29,641 p.a. pro rata (i.e. €2,470 per month)
Start date: August 2021 (TBC)
For those that are thinking about applying, we will be holding an information session on Thursday 20th May at 11am. During this session, you will hear a little bit about what the Teaching Assistant role entails, and have the opportunity to speak with current Teaching Assistant(s) in your preferred subject area. All are welcome to attend this session, but you must register in advance.
Enquiries and applications by CV to Philip O’Donnell at email@example.com .
Applications should comprise one electronic file only (MS Word doc or PDF), including a cover letter of no more than one page (in which you should state which of the indicative academic areas is of most interest to you) and a CV. Please name the file as follows: “[Your first name]_[Your surname]_TA Application”, e.g., “Sarah_Bloggs_TA Application”.
Closing date: Thursday 10th June 2021. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to
interview shortly thereafter.
Share this news
- National Centre for Family Business Annual Conference06/12/2022 - 4:42 pm
- 2 Investment Queries for the ages. When should I invest and how much should I Pay?06/12/2022 - 3:39 pm
- MSc Investment, Treasury and Banking Programme Webinar29/11/2022 - 10:04 am
- MSc Work and Organisational Psychology/ Behaviour Programme Webinar28/11/2022 - 5:13 pm
- Business Insights
- Collaborate with us
- About Us
- Our Programmes
- Faculty and Research
- Executive Education
- Upcoming Events
- Deans Honours List
- Contact Us