Teaching Assistant Posts Available
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the post of Teaching Assistant in DCU Business School. The School offers a number of graduate and undergraduate courses in the following indicative academic areas:
- Human Resource Management
- Strategic Management
It is proposed to appoint Teaching Assistants in some of the academic areas listed above to assist with the progression of curriculum review within the School and also for the Next Generation Management (NGM) module and associated activities. The positions will be full–time.
Duties: Teaching Assistants are important and essential members of the University’s academic community. Reporting to the Associate Dean for Teaching and Learning, the duties of the Teaching Assistant may include:
- Preparation of materials for, and delivery of, tutorials/ seminars/ discussion groups/ skills workshops both on line and in class
- Invigilation of in-class and on line tests/assignments
- Supervision of computer laboratory sessions
- Assisting in the marking of assessments (essays / assignments / presentations etc) under the supervision of a faculty member who has first and final responsibility for marking
- Dealing with student queries concerning module material – by meeting, email or online and under the supervision of a faculty member
- Assisting the module coordinator with the provision of feedback on assignments to students
- Assisting with student recruitment and School promotional activities, such as Open Day and other similar events
- Assisting with the orientation of first year students
- Any other teaching-related duties assigned by the Group Head or the Associate Dean for Teaching and Learning.
Note: The role does not include lecturing or having primary responsibility for the marking of examinations or assessments.
Candidates must hold a minimum of a 2.1 honours degree in a relevant discipline and will ideally be educated to postgraduate level. They must have good communication and interpersonal skills, be interested in student learning and be motivated to contribute to the successful running of the School.
Type: Full Time Temporary Contracts – 9 Months Duration split into two contracts (August -Dec 2020) and (Jan to June 2021)
Salary scale: Teaching Assistant € 29,060 p.a. pro rata (i.e. €2,422 per month)
Start date: August 2020 (TBC)
Enquiries and applications by CV to Philip O’Donnell at email@example.com In your cover letter, please state which of the indicative academic areas is of most interest to you.
Closing date: Thursday 18th June 2020. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to interview shortly thereafter.
Share this news
- Creating a strong culture of virtual collaboration is key to continued innovation05/05/2021 - 12:04 pm
- Women still face hiring barriers as recruiters influenced by third-party bias – DCU, NYUAD and Yale University research05/05/2021 - 11:54 am
- The MSc in Management (Aviation Leadership) was the gateway for me in developing my aviation career – Tomás Thornton04/05/2021 - 10:23 am
- Women In Leadership podcast features Prof Maura McAdam28/04/2021 - 12:17 pm
- Business Insights
- About Us
- Our Programmes
- Faculty and Research
- Executive Education
- Upcoming Events
- Contact Us