‘A PHD IS A LIFE-CHANGING PERSONAL JOURNEY. IT IS THE MENTAL EQUIVALENT OF RUNNING THE LONDON MARATHON OR SWIMMING THE CHANNEL’ (RUSSEL, 2008, P. 132)
Candidates must apply through the PAC (Postgraduate Application Centre) system after securing the support of a potential supervisor. For guidance on finding a potential supervisor and the application procedures please visit DCU Graduate Studies Application Procedures.
Please note that if there are no members of faculty who have undertaken, or are interested in undertaking, research closely related to that of a proposal, it is unlikely that the proposal will be accepted. Therefore, you should ensure that your proposed topic is close to the research interests of one or more members of faculty. You may establish this through correspondence with relevant members of faculty and by viewing the research profiles of our faculty members.
When preparing your proposal you must ensure that you:
• Clearly outline your chosen research question
• Display your familiarity with relevant literature relating to your overall research question in appropriate research journals
• Show how your question is located in the relevant research literature, indicate the contribution your research will make to this body of research, and suggest possible methodologies that may be appropriate for your study.
More information and guidelines for writing a research proposal are available here. All academic inquiries in relation to the Ph.D. programmes at DCU Business School should be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our PhD programme combines scholarly theory-building with a strong applied focus. Research scholars work under the supervision of an academic expert and are an important part of DCU Business School’s vibrant research community. The scholarships will allow students to undertake research in a specialist discipline.
Visit the Scholarships Opportunities page at the Graduate Studies Office for further scholarship opportunities. The 2018 DCU Business School scholarship call details can be found here and the application form here.
- Organisations struggling to keep pace with new skills required due to pandemic – DCU research15/04/2021 - 6:52 pm
- DCU students named Varsity Sparks Winners 202113/04/2021 - 2:32 pm
- DCU Next Generation Management students celebrate business innovations for global good07/04/2021 - 3:21 pm
- DCU Business SchoolOpinion: Accountability and Transparency key to public trust in COVID vaccine rollout – Dr Rob Gillanders02/04/2021 - 9:13 pm
- Business Insights
- About Us
- Our Programmes
- Faculty and Research
- Executive Education
- Upcoming Events
- Contact Us