‘A PHD IS A LIFE-CHANGING PERSONAL JOURNEY. IT IS THE MENTAL EQUIVALENT OF RUNNING THE LONDON MARATHON OR SWIMMING THE CHANNEL’ (RUSSEL, 2008, P. 132)
Candidates must apply through the Student Application Portal after securing the support of a potential supervisor. For guidance on finding a potential supervisor and the application procedures please see DCU Business School Staff Profiles and DCU Graduate Studies Application Procedures.
Please note that if there are no members of faculty who have undertaken, or are interested in undertaking, research closely related to that of a proposal, it is unlikely that the proposal will be accepted. Therefore, you should ensure that your proposed topic is close to the research interests of one or more members of faculty. You may establish this through correspondence with relevant members of faculty and by viewing the research profiles of our faculty members.
When preparing your proposal you must ensure that you:
• Clearly outline your chosen research question
• Display your familiarity with relevant literature relating to your overall research question in appropriate research journals
• Show how your question is located in the relevant research literature, indicate the contribution your research will make to this body of research, and suggest possible methodologies that may be appropriate for your study.
More information and guidelines for writing a research proposal are available here. All academic inquiries in relation to the Ph.D. programmes at DCU Business School should be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
DCU Business School invites applications for a PhD scholarship. The scholarship will provide support for PhD study and is open to applicants who register in Year 1 of the full-time PhD programme in DCU Business School for the 2021/2022 academic year.
Our PhD programme combines scholarly theory-building with a strong applied focus. Research scholars work under the supervision of academic experts and are an important part of DCU Business School’s vibrant research community. The scholarship will allow the successful student to undertake research in one of the following academic groups:
– Work, Psychology & Strategy
– Enterprise & Innovation
– Financial & Operational Performance
Further details on the academic groups in DCU Business School, including faculty profiles, research interests and publications, are available here: https://business.dcu.ie/academic-staff/
Find out more here.
Visit the Scholarships Opportunities page at the Graduate Studies Office for further scholarship opportunities.
- DCU Executive MBA helps business leaders thrive24 November 2023 - 3:18 pm
- Mary O’Donoghue on DCU Business School’s Let’s Lead! Leadership Development for Women programme23 November 2023 - 3:17 pm
- The ideal leadership development and learning experience for women – Katie Keogh22 November 2023 - 2:39 pm
- DCU Business School Executive Dean awarded honorary fellowship of the EMII22 November 2023 - 12:22 pm
- Business Insights
- Collaborate with us
- About Us
- Our Programmes
- Faculty and Research
- Executive Education
- Upcoming Events
- DCU Business School Alumni
- Dean’s Honours List
- Contact Us